Home About Me Freebies Image Map

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Extreme Makeover: Classroom Edition


Tuesday is the first day of school. I love September start up; new school supplies, new organization and new students. Although, I wouldn't be upset if they made the summer a little longer. It feels like we didn't get any warm weather here in Ontario!

I'm linking up with my good friend Amanda from The Primary Gal to bring you, Extreme Makeover: Classroom Edition. 

I have been lucky enough to be in the same classroom for the last five years. It's a nice room. Not overly big, and it doesn't have a lot of storage but it's my little home away from home. Each year, I slightly organize the room a little differently, but there are things that always stay the same.

a. my students desks are in groups
b. there is areas for small groups to work
c. there is an area for me to meet with small groups as well. 
d. there is place to play

Last year, I liked my set up but. I didn't love it! I was waiting for my district to mount my SMARTboard and then I was going to rearrange. This year I decided to stop waiting for them to mountthe board and organize my room as if it was mounted. This is how I organized my room last year.







This is what I came into last week!!!!!! HELP!!!!!



 Are you ready for the fun part? If you can't tell from looking at my blog, I love monsters! This year my room is totally monster themed and I love it!!!!


These are both views from the door. I have 20 students, so I have two groups with 6 desks. The desk in the middle is perfect for storing materials. Two groups have 5 desks. I'm really hoping I don't get 22 kids, but, I'm prepared just in case. 


I love these little monster from Scrappin Doodles! You will be able to see them throughout the room.  

Here is a view of my desk. This is probably the only time this year that you will be able to see the top of it.

However, Pinterest and my fellow bloggers inspired me to get a little more organized. I made myself a super cute Monster Teacher Tool Box.


I also labelled another bin to match.  I'm hoping this will help me become slightly more organized. I'm definitely a piler not a filer but I'm going to attempt to be this year.


This is a view from my desk. Next to the Creation Station, the shelf has paper, plasticene and there will be paint and other craft supplies. everything they need to create.


By the door is some bins to help keep the students organized.


I feel in love with these super cute leveled library labels. I made some dog themed ones for my teaching partner and decided to make some monster ones for me. I love the letters from Dancing Crayon Designs.



My word wall and number line. Pretty boring right now, and the only thing not monster themed. hmmm....? :)

 Can you believe that someone was throwing this baby out! I had a puppet theatre last year but the students really couldn't use it because it was to heavy to push out. I really like how the theatre defines the computer area as well. Anyone know where I can find some cute monster fabric to make new curtains? Those ones are pretty ugly.


This is my guided reading table. Notice the crate seats! I am so in love!!!!


This is the reading area.


And the math area. The shelf blocks my desk, so that I can quietly get some work done during my planning time, if need be.


 The view from the rainbow table. Notice my little helpers. They were so great for me this week!!! Not one complaint! Little teachers in 
the making???

This is the large group meeting area with the SMARTboard that hopefully will be mounted soon!


Another view from my desk and the Creation Station. 

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my room. If you stuck around this far, you might want to check out the great deal at Educents. Click HERE to take a closer look!


Even better, if you use the code Emmys10 you can get 10% off your purchase!!! That's anything in their store.


This bundle ends Monday! So get it soon.

If you want to check out my bloggy buddies' classroom, hop on over to The Primary Gal.


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment