Home About Me Freebies Image Map

Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Great Canadian Valentine Swap 2015: Sign-Ups are Open

SIGN UPS FOR THE CANADIAN VALENTINE SWAP HAS CLOSED.
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TOMORROW (MONDAY, JANUARY 12) Tuesday, January 13. 
I was checking out some of my favourite TPT bloggers posts on Instagram yesterday, and came across PAWSitively Teaching's Valentine Exchange. I rushed over to her page and was so disappointed that it wasn't open to Canadians. :( I totally understand though! Postage is so expensive!

I contacted PAWSitively Teaching and she was super sweet and allowed me to host my own Canadian Version. 

So this exchange is open to CANADIAN TEACHERS ONLY. If you would like to join PAWSitvely Teaching and you live in the United States Hop over to her blog and sign up now! :)

What is a Valentine Swap? 
It is away to connect with other classrooms from across Canada. Each class will be responsible for making and decorating 20 valentines. Please, no store bought cards. Classes are welcome to tell about their school and their part of the country. Feel free to photocopy the letter to save time. 

By Monday, February 3rd, you will need to mail all 20 of your Valentines to the 20 different classes from around Canada. Then, keep your eyes on the mail! I can't wait to see how excited my kiddos are to get 20 Valentines from around Canada! I can see a great mapping activity in the future. 

Sign Up Information

Sign ups will be open until January 12th or until the maximum number of participants has been reached. 

More details will be sent out the week of January 12, but you can start making your Valentines right away if you want. If you have any questions please comment below or email me before signing up. 

By Signing up, you are committing to:
  • making 20 valentines with your class
  • mailing all of the valentines by Monday, February 3rd, 2015
  • paying for the postage.

post signature

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for organizing this - can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Thanks for organizing it. I've signed up and can't wait do it with my class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to stop by and say thank you again. My class loved getting all the different Valentines and learning about classrooms all across Canada. I even created a bulletin board
    with all of them to share with our school and on my blog. We really appreciate all of the hard work that goes into organizing this. I can't wait to sign up again for next year.

    Mrs. Wiley
    @ Wiley Teaching

    ReplyDelete