Home About Me Freebies Image Map

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December Pick 3 Linky



As soon as Lisa from Pawsitively Teaching  and Marissa from Inspired Owl's Corner invited me to link up for their new monthly linky, I had so many ideas floating through my head. I love that this will be super useful. The rules are that you need to find three things on Pinterest that you could use during the month and since it's December 3rd...it was super easy! 3 December ideas!


I absolutely love teaching art and this activity from Color Like You Mean It looks amazing!!!  Click HERE or on the picture to go to the pin! This was done with a fifth grade class, but I think my Firsties will be able to handle it. 


I think instead of water paint though we will use pastels to colour and maybe we will use watercolour for the background. Wouldn't they make great cards to give to their parents!


Have you fallen in love with Whimsy Workshop Teaching yet? I love Susanna's clip art...but she's much more than clip art. Check out her adorable Polar Bear Tutorial.

Not only are these poplar bears ADORABLE but Susanna gives you the step by step instructions for teaching your students how to make them! Click HERE or on the picture to go to the pin!


 Each year the Grade One classes at my school will make an ornament for the students' trees or window. This year, we are going to make these adorable Christmas Trees from Ginger Snap Crafts.

I think they would be really sweet with a picture of them in the middle. For those students that don't celebrate Christmas they can make a tree without the buttons and star or a Popsicle stick snowflake to hang in their window. 

Take a look at some of the things that other bloggers plan to do this month!


Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

7 comments :

  1. I am in LOVE with Susanna's everything from Whimsy Workshop! I have everything ready to go to make those polar bears- and they are going to stay up over the kids' lockers all winter long. I can't wait! I'm so excited to have found your blog! :) It's awesome!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you shared! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The watercolour trees are gorgeous and give the kids freedom to express themselves with the lines going any which way. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the polar bear idea! Susanna makes everything seem sooooo simple.
    Thanks for sharing,
    ;0) Melissa
    More Time 2 Teach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Our kinders made oil pastel Rudolphs today. Our black oil pastels are still out, I think that while they are in the mode, I will get out the white too and try our hands at the polar bear. It is too cute to resist!! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great art ideas! I will be trying out a couple before Christmas break! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those trees are awesome! So fun. I'm really into watercolor these days. It's just easy.

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete