Home About Me Freebies Image Map

Saturday, July 12, 2014

You Oughta Know

I'm linking up today with Jasmine from Buzzing with Mrs. McClain. I love this blog hop! It's one of my favourites.

So what do I think "You Oughta Know?" You Oughta Know how I store all of my anchor charts. I don't know about you but I'm always finding myself short on wall space to hang my anchor charts, especially when we are done using them but I want them to be handy in case we need a refresher.


First, I laminate a lot of my charts so that I can use them from year to year. Especially poems and charts with learning goals and success criteria on them. Once they are laminated the students can write on them. A little bit of rubbing alcohol takes it all off.


 I attach a plastic clothes hanger to the back of the charts with packing tape and then I hang them. It makes it super easy and fast to find the chart I'm looking for. 


The hanger is an easy way to hang them in the classroom. You don't have to worry about the little holes on the paper ripping.

Some of the charts that I make with the students that I want to be able to have on hand, I make into a book.


Start by folding the chart paper in half length wise and then half again. 


Take a piece of Bristol board and fold it in half. I trim it down to 18"x24". 


Glue the top left quarter of the folded chart to the right side of the Bristol board. 



Close the bristol board and right the name of the chart on the front. 

Store in an easy to find place.

This is how I store my charts when I don't need them.

Don't forget to stop by and see what my bloggy friends think "You Oughta Know".




post signature

15 comments :

  1. Great tip! It's much easier to store the charts folded up. Thanks!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD! I pinned the hanger trick immediately because I thought it was a pretty great idea and then I saw the trick with the Bristol board. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! That is so brilliant!! You could keep them in a basket and the kids could easily pull them out! I LOVE THAT!! Thanks for the tip!!!!

    PS. Your monsters are ADORABLE!

    Stephanie
    Mrs. Cain's Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Stephanie! You totally made my day! I'm so glad that you found it useful! I usually hang all of the hangers on an old pocket chart stand! They work beautifully!

      Thanks so much for your kind words.

      Emily :)

      Delete
  3. First of all, I LOVE your blog design -- so cute!! Next, thanks for the great organization tip! I'm posting to my pinterest page so I don't forget all about it in a few weeks when I'm organizing my anchor charts for the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comment! I love my design too. It's crazy to think a 17 year old made it for me. It's way better then anything I would have come up with on my own.
      ~Emily

      Delete
  4. What a super duper clever way to hang anchor charts! This is awesome and thank you for sharing!!

    ((Hugs))
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're brilliant! This is a very clever idea. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Debbie
    Crockett's Classroom . . . Forever in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe. Thanks. I can't take all of the credit. My teaching partner actually gave me these ideas. It really is brilliant though.

      Emily :)

      Delete
  6. I say this all the time. Teachers are amazing people. What a great idea!

    karen
    Smarticle Particles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I kind of have a monster obssession. I always do a big monster unit in October my firsties just love it. I have more Monster clip art then I know what to do with. I just keep buying. It's becoming a problem.
      Emily :)

      Delete
  8. Great idea! I do a similar hanger thing but instead of taping, I just use all of the clippy pants/shorts hangers I get when I buy clothes (usually for my kids lol) and I clip the charts to the bottom. I am obsessive about asking to keep pants hangers when I shop LOL!

    Lindsey
    Forever First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to hang and organize anchor charts!

    -iHeartLiteracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete